Friday, April 20, 2012

"Leftovers"


Last Friday and Saturday I went to a ladies conference in Canyon, Texas. We had an amazing time there, and the lessons taught were such a blessing. They have been doing this retreat for 16 years so, the theme this year was leftovers. They used all the left over things from the very first one to last year. The messages taught by Mrs Martin, were on not giving God our left overs. So often that is what He gets; our leftover time, money, possessions, etc. She also said something that really was a neat quote I thought "There is nothing quite as bad as something that is not so bad." If we stand back and look at what we have done do we say "Oh, that's not so bad." When really we should be able to stand back and say "I think I have done this to bring honor and glory to God, this is my absolute best, I have given Him my best."

Like always, it is also a fun time to see people we don't get to see very often, and a wonderful time of just goofing around and having fun with other Christians.

I have a video of all the women singing. It was so beautiful, but my camera's recorder is horrible so sorry about that. I can't get it to upload right now so I will try another time. Hopefully it will be up soon.

 Of course, {PICTURES}!!!!

2 girls that sang a very beautiful special!

The 2 pastor's wives that hosted the retreat. One is from Plainview and the other is from Fritch.




No comments:

Post a Comment