Friday, November 4, 2011


After my super wonderful trip to New York, we headed to Texas the next day for a missions conference. I had never seen a missions conference done this way before and it was such a blessing.

We got there on Sunday for the evening service, after the evening service we went to a really neat local pizza buffet that had miniature golf with black lights. The food was very good and the kids had fun golfing. Monday, they had kid's day. They took all the missionaries, and some of the church staff's kids from their church to Gatti's in Amarillo (like chuck-e-cheese, only way better food!!!) We had pizza and they got all the kids a cup of tokens to play games. I know this was a blessing to the missionary families, it was fun for me to watch the kids having a blast!!! Tuesday was ladies day, woohoo!!! Again, we all went to Amarillo and the ladies were given money to buy whatever, but it had to be used on things for themselves. This day eliminated most of the men, just a few went but at the first stop they got together and went to guy stores, of course. For lunch they took us to mongolian bbq. I had never had it before, it was so delicious!!!!

Most of all I enjoyed the wonderful time spent with an amazing family God has allowed me and my family to get to know very well the past few months. I was able to stay with them, and their daughter who is around my age, while my parents stayed with their son at... the bachelor pad. Thursday morning when we left, we woke up to snow even. What a blessing to finally get some moisture, although I greatly dislike cold. God is so good. This trip was a huge blessing to me, and I am so thankful God allowed us to go!!!


Super fun chocolate fountain at Golden Corral. Chocolate covered strawaberries....... YUM!!!!!

At the mongolian bbq place.
Not a great picture, I know, sorry.

Bro. Rice


No comments:

Post a Comment