Saturday, December 3, 2011

It's Starting to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

It is starting to look like Christmas around here!!!

Christmas is my favorite holiday. This week I decorated our church, and the city put wreaths and lights on all the lamp posts, it looks so pretty!!! Last night it even snowed here a few inches and it hasn't melted off yet. I really dislike cold a lot, my ideal is like 90', wearing flip flops, sandals, short sleeve shirts, etc., but I love Christmas time. How it brings families together, all the yummy baked things, the smells: cinnamon, pine trees, candy canes, and of course the music. I seems people are in a better mood also, maybe that part is all in my mind though. Christmas is so picture perfect!!! Yet so often we get so focused on all these things and forget about Jesus' birth, born to die on the cross to save sinners, so we could have peace, hope and joy in Him. I am so thankful that He has saved me and changed my life, that I can have that.

I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Phoenix to visit all my family. I got to go with my brother, who I hadn't seen in a few months. We are super close so we had a wonderful time together again. It was great to see all my other family and spend Thanksgiving with them, my grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, cousins, almost everyone just a few were not able to be there.

I hope you also had a great Thanksgiving, and have an amazing Christmas in 21 days!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh yes, Christmas is my favorite time of year:) They decorated our church last Monday, but I wasn't able to go, but I did get to see it this week, and I love it!:)

    Merry CHRISTmas!
    ~Rebecca
    www.blessingseveryminute.com

    ReplyDelete